If you’re interested in trying to reverse Type 2 diabetes, here are some resources that may help. Of course, you should consult your medical team about any changes you wish to make to your self-management routine.
CONQUER DIABETES AND PREDIABETES
The Low-Carb Mediterranean Diet
Steve Parker, MD
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2011
This book outlines a modified version of the Mediterranean diet that is high in fish, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, oils, and wine, with a relatively low carbohydrate content. It is supposed to be an easy and enjoyable diet to follow.
DR. BERNSTEIN’S DIABETES SOLUTION, 4TH EDITION
Richard Bernstein, MD
Little, Brown and Company
New York City, 2011
First published in 1997, this is the original book on controlling Type 1 diabetes and reversing Type 2. It covers everything about living with and managing diabetes, not just dietary concerns.
THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION
Mark Hyman, MD
Little, Brown and Company
New York City, 2012
Praised by a who’s who of health leaders, this book delivers a balanced eating and exercise plan. Dr. Hyman claims that 80% of his patients reverse their diabetes on this plan, and he gives strategies and suggestions for the other 20%.
DR. NEAL BARNARD’S PROGRAM FOR REVERSING DIABETES
Neal Barnard, MD, and Bryanna Grogan
New York City, 2008
This book describes the science behind vegan eating for diabetes, with recipes and tips.
THE 30-DAY DIABETES CURE
Stefan Ripich, ND, and Jim Healthy
Bottom Line Books
Stamford, Connecticut, 2012
This book has a food, exercise, and lifestyle plan similar to Dr. Hyman’s. It may be helpful for people trying to get off a diet heavy in sugars and starches.
BLOOD SUGAR 101
Jenny Ruhl’s informative and inspiring site. Ruhl challenges myths about diabetes and gives realistic but powerful alternatives to conventional wisdom.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC
Run by people in the UK with diabetes, this site explains the science of low-carb diets and offers recipes, personal stories, and links to related blogs and videos.
DIABETICCONNECT: LOW-CARB RECIPES
On this page, part of a social network for people with diabetes, users of the site offer low-carb recipes.
Source URL: https://dsm.diabetesselfmanagement.com/about-diabetes/types-of-diabetes/reversing%c2%9d-type-2-diabetes/resources-2/
Disclaimer of Medical Advice: Statements and opinions expressed on this Web site are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the publishers or advertisers. The information, which comes from qualified medical writers, does not constitute medical advice or recommendation of any kind, and you should not rely on any information contained in such posts or comments to replace consultations with your qualified health care professionals to meet your individual needs.
Copyright ©2022 Diabetes Self-Management unless otherwise noted.